Subject: [Leica] WAS: profits tripled NOW: 20D ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Nov 23 17:01:30 2004

F?lix L?pez de Maturana offered:

>> Do test the Canon 10-22 zoom. I did in the Photokina
> and coming back home, always I carry a Compact flash for tests, I was
> surprised of the lack of distortion and sharpness of this zoom that makes
> a 135 16-35 equivalent.<<<<<

Hi Felix,
I wasn't as bright as you and take a flash card along with me when I had a
look at the 20D this afternoon. However, I did have a look at a couple of
zoom lenses and in particular the one you mentioned."10--22!"

Now that's the kind of view I like to work with. I mean at 16 to 35 it's a
very nice range and looked great through the 20D viewfinder even in the
brightly lit photo store. Actually I hate looking through any camera in the
store. Better to go outside and have a look in the real world of daylight,
some how always seems to be a better light to judge the lens and viewfinder
. Unfortunately it was pouring rain! :-(

But like I said, the 10 is my kind of view when doing travel shooting with
beautiful blue seas and puffy white clouds. :-)

And with the Canon-Leica adapter the three Leica zoom lenses I have might be
rather interesting also. Even though they wont be the identical focal
lengths as shown for a full frame film.

So I'm edging closer to the 20D and a lens, although I think I'll wait for
the camera and adapter in hand before I spring beyond the camera and 10-22
zoom lens for the moment.

ted

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] WAS: profits tripled NOW: 20D ;-))