Subject: [Leica] M3 question - 2d focusing image
From: frankandaubrey at mindspring.com (Frank Farmer)
Date: Tue Nov 23 09:43:26 2004

Greetings all,

I have a question about the 2d image in the viewfinder of my M3.  I've read
a little about this and think I know the answer but would like the input of
the list.  Here goes:  The 2d image in my M3 viewfinder is much lighter than
I would expect it to be.  It is certainly lighter or fainter than the 2d
image in my M6-TTL.  Does this mean that the mirror needs to be cleaned
somehow (via CLA)?  Are there other problems that could cause the 2d image
to be faint?  I've also read about separation in the viewfinder being
evident by the rangefinder patch "blacking out."  I don't think this is the
problem, nothing is black in the viewfinder.  As always, thanks in advance.

Frank

Replies: Reply from corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst) ([Leica] M3 question - 2d focusing image)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] M3 question - 2d focusing image)