Subject: [Leica] old Leica books
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon Nov 22 23:15:18 2004

Actually, the old Leica manuals are very much about photography.  What's
really fun about them is the sense of alternating between "how far we've
come" vs. "plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me chose."  I remember picking
up a few tips from the existing light chapter.  And having spent a few
years with  a IIIf as my only camera, I can relate. . .

No, I'm not going to subject Kodak Super XX  to vaporized bromine in a
pressure cooker anytime soon (hold the pot roast).  But one had to be
better at the craft back then in order to get any results at all, no less
good results.  So it's sometimes useful to know a bit of the old Kung Fu.

--Peter

At 01:48 PM 11/22/04 -0800, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> opined: