Subject: [Leica] American Flag M7
From: hlritter at mindspring.com (hlritter@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 18:46:40 2004

I've been thinking about getting an M7 in any case, but I came upon an ePay
listing (3853792489) for an allegedly NIB, Passported, etc black M7 with an
American flag and the legend "Test Camera USA" on the top plate. Seller
shows good feedback and claims to be an authorized Leica dealer.

Does anyone know what the heck this is, its significance, its provenance,
and its relationship to the standard-run M7s? Never seen one like it before.
Seems odd that the BIN price is about what a standard black M7 goes for by
mail order from B&H, for example, or even a little less. And does anyone
know anything about the seller?

Thanks to all,

--howard

Replies: Reply from ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] American Flag M7)