Subject: Fwd: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon's profits tripled
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Nov 22 13:52:46 2004

At 04:35 PM 11/22/2004, you wrote:
>Tina, do you use any Canon glass? If so, how do they compare to the
>incomparable :-) Leica glass?

Yes, I've got the wide zoom (about 16-35), the medium zoom (about 70-200),
the 50/1.4, and the 14 fisheye.  The Canon's are certainly more
convenient!  As my eyes get older, I appreciate automatic focus more and
more.  But when I have time, nothing beats the Leica R lenses.  Of course,
that may be because I do take more time.  The shots with the R's are more
planned, composed, thought-out.  The shots with the Canon lenses are more
impulsive, unplanned, spur-of-the-moment.  I like the color and sharpness
of the R lenses.

I use the R's for everything Macro.  I use the Canon lenses for anything
involving children!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com