Subject: [Leica] Digital R Back delay
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Mon Nov 22 11:23:43 2004

Frank Filippone writes in part:

> " Based on the fact that it is rightly expected of us to fulfill the
> expectations and to produce a near perfect product, then
> this can be seen as the only right decision."
>

> Its not that I disagree, but the expectation that the software
> needs to be nearly perfect before start of shipping is kinda scary......

I believe they are talking about the "product" in total and not just the
software. According to my local camera store only Canon has had a good
record of coming close to their "expected delivery dates" with digital
equipment. Of course Canon is flush with both staff and cash. Leica can't
compete with Canon in the resources department.

Regards,

Greg