Subject: [Leica] old Leica photo books. :-)
From: applemac97 at yahoo.com (Muhammad Chishty)
Date: Sun Nov 21 19:50:31 2004

Hi Ted!

The oldest "Leica" book I have is The Leica Manual
(2nd Edition) by Willard Morgan, Henry Lester and
Contributors, published in 1937 by Morgan & Lester,
Publishers.

The book is a treasure chest of information about
Leica cameras and lenses, films and developers, and
photographic techniques.  There are articles about
every type of photography you can imagine, including
stereoscopic photography, panorama photography,
natural color photography, copying and close-up
photography, photomicrography, infra-red photography,
astronomical photography, candid photography, stage
photography, aerial photography, etc.

This 500-page gem of a book is almost an encyclopedia!
 You can find answers to any questions you might have
had about photography in 1937!  It's a pity that the
books published today usually concentrate on only one
or two areas of photography.

I was not actually around in 1937 taking photos with
my Leica camera!  But I do enjoy collecting and
reading old books.  :-)

=====
Muhammad R. K. Chishty, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Finance