Subject: [Leica] More Irish photos
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sat Nov 20 14:08:41 2004

God forbid I should share with you most of my Irish shots. Over forty
rolls and they are mostly of the "this is aunt so and so and that's you
second cousin twice removed" sort of thing. My mother loves them but
even I get a bit sleepy before the end comes.

However, here are a few shots; at best a mild entertainment, at worse a
nice soporific  :-)

My uncle and aunt still run a traditional dairy farm and are doing
twice daily milkings even though they are well into their seventies:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_1
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_2
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_3

The house that Gran built where they live. Also where my bother was
conceived. In the upper right if I am not mistaken:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_4

Inside for some good craic. Not illegal, in fact encouraged! (gaelic
for conversation):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_5
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_6
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_7

Looking at an old photo of he and his bride on the back of a scooter:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_8

A few of the many enjoyable evenings:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_9
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album97/Ireland_10

A token 50 Summilux Asph boke shot (a reward for those of you still
awake):

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_11

Of course my family was on its own on occasion:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_12

They had the best water I've ever had:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_13

The weather was not great for scenics but that has never stopped anyone
before! My Dad must have photographed this scene a hundred times:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_14

Really only about chest high:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_15

Roadside memorials were not uncommon. This one is thirty years old and
still recent flowers:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_16

Token 50 Summilux Asph close up (another reward for the persevering) :

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_17

Many of our marvelous meals we made ourselves:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_18

Others we had served:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_19

A shot I like:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album99/Ireland_20

A shot I dislike:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album101/Ireland_21

My son's opinion of the whole affair and perhaps yours as well:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album101/Ireland_22

John Collier

Replies: Reply from raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K) ([Leica] More Irish photos)