Subject: [Leica] M4 - M4P - M4-2
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 06:03:49 2004

I have had all three but long ago sold the M4-2 on the advice of Sherry. I
told her, maybe 10 years ago, that I had picked up a near-mint M4-2 and was
concerned because I had read in Shutterbug that Bob Shell said the camera
was
prone to light leaks. She said that light leaks were the least of the
problems
with the M4-2 and went on how bad the camera was on several counts. I sold
it
 soon afterward, along with a motor or winder, but kept the lenses and never

regretted it. I have had the M4-P for several years but just picked up the
M4
a  few months ago. On the CL, after reading all the favorable comments, I'm
sorry I  sold it [and the great lenses] even though it was very delicate.
I'm
still on  the watch for a 50mm Elmar, f3.5.. I miss the old stuff. --bob
cole