Subject: [Leica] I love looking at other people's grilled cheese sandwiches
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed Nov 17 12:20:33 2004

> Yup, just like the photograph of the Virgin Mary in the grilled cheese
> sandwich

I really have second thoughts about posting this, but what the heck...

Coupla years ago one of my parishioners, old-line Protestant, went to FL
to visit relatives.  She came back from vacation and called me, asking
if she could come in for a talk.

When she arrived, she had a rather sheepish look on her face, opened her
purse, took out a plain #10 envelope, gave it to me and said, "I want
you to look at this."

It was a photograph, a color print, taken by her with her own
camera...as she reminded me.  The photograph was of an office building,
one of the mirrored glass type, and clearly visible on one side of the
building was a head shot of the Virgin Mary.  It covered the whole side
of the building, was very, very distinct, could not be mistaken for
anything else.  It appeared to be formed from some sort of substance
which looked sort of like oil on water.  But, she said, the glass was
not coated with anything.  Just the color of the glass had changed to
form the head shot.

It was, she alleged, NOT present the night before.  (The building was in
the town where she was staying.)

In the foreground of the photograph were the backs of the heads of a
huge crowd of people who had gathered.

Warn't no grilled cheese sandwich!

Since I lived and worked in a city that was heavily populated by very
traditional Roman Catholics, many of whom were devoted to Mary, I took
the time to do a lot of reading...

This site is one of the better ones:

http://www.theworkofgod.org/Aparitns/Aparitns.htm

The world of Marian devotion and apparitions is very large and,
apparently, growing.

Ken Frazier
Weston, CT USA