Subject: [Leica] OT: Eudora email program
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Nov 17 07:58:51 2004

Dan,

I'm using Eudora since 1994, and I have the actual version 6.2 Pro (Paid).
Eudora can read all old versions of itself, and import mailboxes from
Outlook, Netscape and many other mailclients. I even could migrate it from
Mac to PC two years ago, though this needed some hacks.

Make a safety copy of the whole Eudora folder incl. Mailboxes; then install
the new version of Eudora. Eudora will probably recognize the old version
and ask you, if the settings and mailboxes shall be kept. Answer yes. If
not, use the import function of the newer Eudora (down in the "File" menu).

The interface of 6.2 is comparable to 3.0.6; but has a lot of new features.
The junkmailfilter of Eudora 6.2 is excellent, combined with a filter
(SpamAssassin) on the mailserver (usually provided by your ISP), spammails
have a hard time to reach you.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask me off-list if you have any troubles.
Didier