Subject: [Leica] Lake Berryessa
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Nov 15 19:36:04 2004

Thanks for your thoughts and recollection, Howard.

Monticello Dam is actually concrete but, yes, there is a glory hole to
be "enjoyed". During the last severe drought the lake level dropped
well below it so it looked like a large golf tee sitting in the lake.
In fact the lake level dropped so low that it revealed the foundations
of the drowned town of Monticello. I wish I had gone down to see it.

At least now there are barriers across the lake so you stand a last
chance before you're sucked down into the bowels of the dam and then
become muskrat and beaver fodder in Putah Creek.

This panorama was taken at the opposite end of the lake, all the way
to the north and is shot looking south.

Adam