Subject: [Leica] Lake Berryessa Panorama
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Nov 15 15:23:05 2004

In a message dated 11/15/2004 4:20:31 PM Central Standard Time,
abridge@gmail.com writes:
Still, it was a fabulous day when we shot it.

There's nothing like the afternoon light we get in early October.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com//2004-October/BerryessaPanorama.jpg>

There are a few places where I couldn't get the colors adjusted just
right but I'm still learning both how to scan and how to shoot.

Comments more than welcome of course. This was with Ektachrome 100G
and is built up of 12 images with lots of overlap.

Adam
One thing that will be helpful in cases like these is to use manual focus,
so
that all shots are uniform exposure.  I have just about given up on the
stitcher programs, because I think I can do as well manually.  You also have
greater control of levels beween shots.  The key to making the edges merge
is to
take your erase tool, with a soft edge brush and wipe awy the hard edge.  It
helps me to lower the opacity on the overlapping layer.  Also, my most
successful
panos have been with a 50 mm.

http://www.sonc.com/paw/xmaspano.htm

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish