Subject: [Leica] Art of Noise...
From: P2CON at aol.com (P2CON@aol.com)
Date: Sun Nov 14 18:21:12 2004

Daniel writes:

> <<I would like to know if the Bessai is "as noisy" than the
> Leica CL.
> I know that the CL is noisier than a M body. I'm searching
> to make stealth photography.
> I'm seeing the M3+50/2, as a solution... Is it too old ?
> Thanks to everybody !
> Regards,>>

Daniel, I think if low noise is a primary requirment for your photography,
you would be wise to search out one of the oldies-but-goodies with a 50mm/F2
lens having a leaf shutter.  Way quieter than even the best of the M Leica's.

I thought my M3 was quiet until one day walking through an art museum where
the signs said "No Photography", I saw a painting that I really wanted to
photograph.  The guard was just outside the door and there was only one
other
couple in the room with me.  I took the shot, and in this totally silent
room, (a
large room), the M3 sounded like a gunshot.  Nothing happened, but I sure
thought it might.  Next time I'll take the Retina IIa folder.  It really is
quiet.

Regards, Paul Connet

Replies: Reply from surrealistic at cox.net (Curtis Fant) ([Leica] Art of Noise...)
Reply from daniel.rocha at free.fr (Daniel ROCHA) ([Leica] Art of Noise...)