Subject: [Leica] Book Price! Like WOW! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Nov 13 14:36:40 2004

Howdy,
So I was sitting here quietly looking for copies of my previous books now
out of print, cowboys, politicians and other things when I came across one
for sale... "This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler." It was the
first of the medical series.

Gorgeous book, big coffee table size 14 1/2" X 14 1/2"  trust me you need a
big coffee table and or a big lap to open it on while looking through it.
;-) Special editions were also produced as collector books, only 250 copies
hand bound leather cover! Awesome feel and look...... $250.00 US! Each copy
was author signed and numbered, and as I recall at the time from the
publisher most of these went to the USA.

So when I came across what I believe must be a leather bound copy the price
was rather startling!........  $410. 00 US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like holy smokes at that price per copy I could almost live like a king. ;-)
That is if the publisher hadn't screwed me out of my royalties leaving me
with 10 years of work and not a dime! :-( Nor any leather bound copies.

However, I did manage to purchase, yep even though I was owed a pile of
money from previously collected royalties, if I wanted any of the copies
left I had to buy them from the receiver. So I did, which I gradually sold
and made up for a little of the major photo & travel production costs over
the 10 years.

So to come across a copy for sale at $410.00 US truly was a startling find.
Now if only I had 100 copies of leather bound? Like, "WOW!!!"  ;-)  It's
party time! :-) :-)

I always consider this book the epitome of fine reproduction in illustrating
the qualities of using Leica cameras and glass.
ted

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Book Price! Like WOW! :-))