Subject: [Leica] The Leica CL !?
From: daniel.rocha at free.fr (Daniel ROCHA)
Date: Fri Nov 12 12:25:43 2004

Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> wrote:

Hello Seth,

> Just this thought if you have not already bought a CL: prices on
> "real" Leica M cameras have been falling very rapidly and it is very
> possible that you can find an M2, M4, M4P or M6 for not too much more
> money than a good CL.

I have tought about that. But the problem is if I want a body with
metering,
I must buy a costly M5 or more !

I have nothing against using an external metering equipment. I use it
with
my 6x6, but if I buy a M based body is for the little sized equiment,
and for the cost, too !

> The difference in camera will be significant.
> If you do consider this alternative, I would try to find a camera
> that has been CLA'd - cleaned, lubricated and adjusted - in the last
> few years.

hard, and surely expansive...
I'm also looking for a M body, but it's very old with no meter...
I hesitate... :)

<> Daniel Rocha -  Photographie <>
 http://www.monochromatique.com

Replies: Reply from leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy) ([Leica] The Leica CL ! or Bessa R3A ?)