Subject: [Leica] DMR: Hands on
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Nov 12 05:40:41 2004

Given that the back alone is $5K, a ( second ) film only camera is $2K, you
could afford 2 cameras pretty easily.  And always having a specialized tool
to connect or disconnect the back is certainly a downer....  I guess we all
expected to use a dime or a thumbscrew to do the job....

This may have been their marketing strategy all along.....  Actually pretty
smart......Gotta give the elves their credit .....  Sell a back, sell
another body...

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I think it's more like Leica doesn't expect people to switch back and forth
very often.

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] DMR: Hands on)