Subject: [Leica] WTB: User M3 SS body
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Fri Nov 12 03:34:21 2004

Daniel Ridings wrote:
> Sleighteem in Minnesota,
>
> You've been asked politely once before to provide your real name. That's
> regarded as polite etiquette on this list to do so.
>
> Just a piece of advice. I doubt that many people on the list would be
> willing to sell a camera to an anonymous buyer.

While I would hesitate to buy from an unknown seller, let me say that
there is more than one way to know a person, and often not by
his name.   There may be "legitimate" reasons not to use one's
real name on a list such as the LUG.   I suspect at least one very
esteemed long-time member for changing his name on the list.
I do not always take it for granted that the names we see on the
list are "real" names,  though I think they mostly are on the LUG.
Do you really think you know someone just because you know his/her
name ?

So Sleighteem, stay Sleighteem if you wish.  That's fine by me.
I hope one day to know more of you , if not yourself.  And belated
welcome to the LUG.

Cheers,

- Phong

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] WTB: User M3 SS body)