Subject: [Leica] IIIf self-timer problem
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Nov 11 19:48:19 2004

On 11/11/04 6:17 PM, "Dave" <dave46a1@netscape.net> typed:

>  Anyone know how to fix one? Mine quit working and the factory
> manuals I have don't address the problem.
>
> Dave Kimes

I was reading some of a memoir by a former great fashion model of the 80's
Janice Dickenson who became a photographer. Peppering each photographer with
questions every step of the way on every shoot.

Horst P Horst said, and it wasn't in this book that (to the effect) when
asked about what it was like shooting when he was peaking in his career:

"We didn't have models like Janice Dickenson".

It wasn't the difference between shooting Vogue layouts on 8x10 inch
Kodachrome tungsten sheetfilm or a Hasselblad with Brownie rollfilm.

I think that says it all.

Anyway the caption of the picture on the page I just turned, a blasted
headshot of Janice herself looking (late at night and very busy) was:

"Figuring out how to work the Leica timer".

This had mystified me as I didn't think Leica made timers as I've got all
the little skinny collection books.

But now I think I know.

The one on the camera dummy.

It kind of went off early.

You get the best shots that way.

My best shots are when my camera goes off by itself.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/