Subject: [Leica] UV Filters
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Bob Palmieri)
Date: Thu Nov 11 13:32:45 2004

Folks -

As regards this whole neutral filter thing, I'd like to suggest that
the following version of the "clear lenscap" approach has worked well
for me in the past.

1. You put the UV/Skylight filter of your choice on the lens.

2. Most of the time, when you want to take a snap you take it off like
a screw-in lenscap.

3. Every once in awhile for a grabshot you "shoot through the cap."

This having been said, I'm hardly ever using the things these days, but
it's one approach that may work well for some people and situations.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Troubles with the scanner)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] UV Filters)