Subject: [Leica] Fall Color West of Boston
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Thu Nov 11 11:52:23 2004

William - Royal Supra 400 Pro is what I was shooting.  Under these
lighting conditions, reds saturate into almost a Technicolor red,
like we used to see in the old movie musicals.  You can see it most
clearly in the second and third photos.  That's the Supra, I think,
since I've seen it before.  I'm not sure if a bit of underexposure
would help or not.

I think the scans are OK since in the full size images the grain
looks sharp. I wonder if the  older 28 mm lens might be soft wide
open compared to the new ones and/or there may have been some camera
motion when I took the picture.

If you have any other thoughts on the softness, I'd like to hear them.

Nice cars, B.T.W.

Thanks.

>Dick,
>
>I enjoy the first one but think it might need a bit of sharpening.
>Were your Supra prints oversaturated? I used this film myself
>recently on a very dim morning in Quebec and got what I thought was
>very fine grain for a ISO 400 film and very realistic color. Royal
>Supra 400 Professional, right? The light was so poor, I had to use
>1/30th at f2 or f2.8. Very pleased with my results, given the light.
>Maybe it's the scans? I use the same work-flow, having no time to do
>anything else. My local lab uses a new Agfa machine which gives me
>files in the 3 - 5 MB range. These require very little PSE2 to post.
>
>Compare. MP .58, 35/f2 LHSA
(snip)
--
Regards,