Subject: [Leica] SUMMILUX 50/1,4 Asph
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Wed Nov 10 08:54:58 2004

Ted Grant writes in part:

> This past weekend I was in Vancouver and Tom handed me his RD 1 with the
> 50mm lens and it felt well balanced, the lens was as smooth as silk and
> cut
> a quite different... better looking image on the digital RD1 than anything
> else I've seen.
>
> Although not F. 1.0, I was tempted for a moment to consider buying
> one. However, within eye sight of she who must be obeyed I
> remained silent and dismissed the purchasing thoughts quicker than I'd
> considered
> them.

Hi Ted,

The problem was not so much being with-in sight of Irene as the fact that
she could actually hear us! Women seem to have better ears than young bats!

Perhaps we need to develop our own secret code when discussing pricing in
front of any of our significant others. We could for example reverse the
price of the new Summilux from $2,500 to 0052$. A new MP would be 0062$,
etc. This of course works best with the higher priced stuff as a 1.25 mag.
would be 571$ instead of $175.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] SUMMILUX 50/1,4 Asph)