Subject: [Leica] end of film??? consumable leicas?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Nov 9 15:09:37 2004

Thanks for your post!

I definitely agree with you about pianos  -  the digitals don't give
the real thing a decent run yet, especially for playing. Even using
the most advanced samples an electronic piano just doesn't have what
the real thing has.

I take your point about jpeg2000 - although I guess I shoot all RAW
images with my digitals and save them as TIFF or Photoshop files. The
only thing that gets saved as jpeg are for the web.

I haven't followed this but is jpeg2000 clear of intellectual property
issues or are there big royalties to be paid for using it?

Adam