Subject: [Leica] OT:How many languages do you speak?
From: lists at heninger.org (Wade Heninger)
Date: Tue Nov 9 09:44:28 2004

> I came up with the question, how many varieties of languages we speak.
>
> My native language is (1) Japanese and I can speak (2) English almost
> without causing major misunderstandings, and poquitititito del (3)
> Espanol. (Me gusta que podemos ver unos usan esta idioma en LUG list.)
> I tried Korean too but I gave up, just not enough time...

English and Portuguese fluently and my French is funcitonal, if a bit broken
at times.  Its sadly complicated from my periodically trying to conjugate
Portuguese verbs in French in the heat of a discussion.

I can understand Spanish and can read Italian good enough to figure out
where a) the train station is, b) why its late and c)why I shouldn't care
and have a good meal at that restaurant.