Subject: [Leica] Are there different Summilux 75 versions?
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Tue Nov 9 06:02:44 2004

Yes, there are three versions of thew 75 'lux. The first was made in
Canada and came with a separate hood and used E58 filters. The second
was also made in Canada but came with a built in hood and used E60
filters. The third was made in Germany in a slightly lighter mount. All
three have the same optical formula but naturally later lenses benefit
from improved coating technology.

It sounds as though you may have a pouch for an E58 version. It should
be a simple matter of trimming the foam with an exacta knife.

BTW, 1997 is too early for an actual "made in Germany" lens. Either
your date is wrong or it is from the period where Leica considered
packaging the major component in product manufacturing. They pretty
much marked everything as made in Germany then.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Are there different Summilux 75 versions?)