Subject: [Leica] MP Viewfinder still flare
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Mon Nov 8 15:00:03 2004

Viewfinder flare also varies from user to user. Different camera
handling techniques and different subject lighting preferences will
result in differences in the perception of viewfinder flare. Basically
a camera which does not exhibit flare for one user my well flare
unacceptably for another user. So anecdotal discussions can only go so
far.

In my experience I can get ANY M2 and up camera to show finder flare
and that includes the MP. However, the late M4-P to mid M7 cameras are
the worst by an order of magnitude and will exhibit finder flare in
many more situations than the earlier cameras. Basically the early
cameras and the late or modified cameras can be said to be largely free
of flare.

I had both my TTLs modified and I am happy with the results.

The M3 uses a completely different finder design and does not seem to
flare at all.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] MP Viewfinder still flare)