Subject: [Leica] Summilux vs Summicron
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Mon Nov 8 14:54:02 2004

Hello everyone,

As I?ve said sometimes I?m not interested on the Summilux because it has one
stop more than Summicron, the only point I?m interested is of this
?personality?. I?ve read that at F2 Summicron is better, that at 5,6 are
similar. But nobody has already talk me about the mentioned ?personality? ,
or fingerprint. In other words, colours and or black and white gradation,
subtlety, differences in capability to isolate the main subject
, these are
the important points for me, and I?m not discussing for the perfection, I?m
discussing about the impression that this lens could give.

I ask this question because I have a reasonable offer for a Summilux 50
(E46), and I don?t know if it paid?s invest
., or burn the money on it.

Thanks for the opinions

Saludos desde Barcelona
Luis