Subject: [Leica] Apple G5
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Nov 7 13:37:42 2004

On 11/6/04 9:03 PM, "Brian Reid" <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> typed:

> I have a G5 with 2.5 GB of RAM and it is a very sweet machine. I use a
> Nikon
> Super Coolscan 4000 with it, and it works beautifully. (I use Nikon Scan;
> don't like VueScan very much). I haven't yet found a thing about it that I
> don't like.
>
> I'm toying with selling my Baby Speed Graphic gear and using the money to
> buy
> more RAM for the thing. 2.5GB runs out pretty fast when you're racing to
> meet
> a publication deadline and have Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and
> Fireworks all open at once. The G5 will take up to 8GB, and I don't think
> that's excessive for the kind of work I do with it.

DON'T DO IT Brian the Baby Speed Graphic Digital is due out any minute!!!
My setup is the opposite of yours:

You've got the G5 with the Coolscan 4000.
I've got the G4 with the Coolscan 5000.

I'd like to think it all balances out in the end but the smart money I think
is on that not being the case! :) :(

Here's mine from a scanned Polaroid
http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/SpeedGraphicMini.html

6x9 sheetfilm rules!!!!

You can tap dance on it wipe it off and flatbed it!

Flip them into hat like on "Groundhog day".

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/