Subject: [Leica] OT OT...EPSON 2200 problem?
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Thu Nov 4 10:31:20 2004

Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

> OFF TOPIC EPSON 2200 PRINTER PROBLEM.

Doug Herr responded:

<<<
My solution - works EVERY time - is to clean the stainless steel guide bar
the print heads slide along, then re-lubricate with a TINY amount of sewing
machine oil taking care not to get oil on the toothed drive belt.  "3-in-1"
brand works well too.

This is very timely information for me as I am awaiting the arrival of an
Epson 4000 printer. I turned down the outrageously expensive maintenance
program and the printer is too heavy and cumbersome to ship for repairs.

I would make only one suggestion for the type of media used for freeing the
carriage:
3-in-1 oil leaves a residue with time; a residue that can impede the
workings of the mechanism. For most delicate lubricating needs I use a good
gun oil such as Break Free. I put a few drops onto a cloth and wipe the
parts to be lubricated.

Thanks for the tip Doug, good luck Ted.
J. Codispoti