Subject: Levelling: [was Re: [Leica] More snaps (Skopar)]
From: paul at paulhardycarter.com (Paul)
Date: Thu Nov 4 02:26:34 2004

On 4 Nov 2004, at 02:33, Peter Klein wrote:

> Or, you just photographed mostly people and tried not to worry about
> it too much.  Straight horizons and parallel verticals are bourgeois
> concepts.  :-)

Quite right Peter! A man after my own heart. I can honestly say I have
never in my life worried about whether I had a straight horizon. In a
picture, anyway.

I'm not quite as relaxed about the issue as Winogrand:

http://www.masters-of-photography.com/W/winogrand/
winogrand_austin_full.html

but that shot gives you a great idea of why it isn't important.

P.

*******
Paul Hardy Carter
www.paulhardycarter.com