Subject: [Leica] Tomorrow
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Nov 2 09:04:21 2004

Sonny said:
>>> Agreed; though someone excercising their rights should not need to
>>> resort to
> being a loud mouth son of a bitch with all the flag waving to get  them.
> <<<<<<

Sonny,
Absolutely correct.

However, you like I, have seen some of these "loud mouth son's of bitches"
who charge in and think they can take over the place in the name of the
media and their rights. And the fir begins flying with mouthing off about
rights and freedom of the press. Instead of simply smiling and acting in a
gentlemanly manner and the honey with a smile first off and calming voice.

What's worse is even though they have a right to be there, if they're
challenged, sometimes quite gruffly by someone with a tad of "in their mind
officialdom" it's best for the media folks to show their professionalism.
And ride above the "authorative idiot" and go to the head honcho by phone or
whatever communication is necessary to get their assignment completed
without any hassles.

And I've seen the most hard nosed TV and print journalists (give me no
bullshit mister I know my right's so get stuffed") media types calm the
roaring lion with a simple smile and treatment where in moments the "Lion"
can't do enough to assist in making it easy for the crew to get their job
done with the least hassle. :-)

Hell it's like watching a magician hypnotize the "lion in seconds" without a
gruff word nor demanding posturing.

ted