Subject: [Leica] Piezography + Epson 3000
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Oct 31 19:38:36 2004

At 07:25 PM 10/31/2004, you wrote:

>Is anyone still using an Epson 3000 and the Piezography system.

I am for large prints.

>Is it still a good option for printing up to 17" prints with carbon pigment
>inks?

Yes, but see below.

>And which Piezography system - I guess there are three versions now - the
>original Plugin, the Piezography BW using generic profiles and the new iQuad
>system?

I got the new software, never could get it to look the way I liked and went
back to the original plug-in.

>I'm not too interested in the latter right now. How does the Piezography
>profiles system compare to the original plugin system?

Others swear by the profiles system.  I prefer the plug-ins, but that may
just be a quirk of my 3000's.

>(BTW before anyone suggests the Quarrington RIP, I'm on a Windows system and
>the windows version isn't what you would call user friendly yet....)

I haven't tried that yet, but I have hear good things about it.  For
smaller prints I really like the Epson 2200 and the toning layers available
through PhotoKit on Epson Smooth Fine Art paper.  That paper is too thick
for the Epson 3000 but feeds fine through the back of the 2200.  I'm
thinking about getting the 4000 to make the same prints larger and getting
rid of my old 3000's.  Technology has really moved beyond their feeding
system.  Mine have been real work horses, though!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Message from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] Piezography + Epson 3000)