Subject: [Leica] Leica lens Sawoo MW Summicron 1:2-35
From: janeranshaw at ameritech.net (jane ranshaw)
Date: Fri Oct 29 12:29:43 2004

I am hoping that someone on this list can help me identify a Leica lens my
husband bought a few years ago at a house sale. He doesn't remember exactly
where he got it or what he paid. I am trying to sell it (with his
permission, of course) but haven't been able to find information about this
exact lens. I don't know the protocol about asking questions on this list,
but I did notice that I should submit them on Fridays if I'm looking to sell
something (which I am). If my inquiry is inappropriate, please accept my
apology.

Here is what I have on the lens in question:

The box identifies it as: Leitz Wetzlar SAWOO-MW  SUMMICRON 1:2/35

The bottom of the box has: Nr 161171 (I think-the handwritten numbers are in
a little different hand than a typical US style). It also has 455.--, which
I assume was the original price. In addition, it says "Made in Germany" and,
in handwriting again: Lg. 10209

I assume these markings all relate to the lens in the box.

The lens itself has two viewers or range finders (I think that's the term),
with two covers marked "Leica" (front and back). It seems to be in great
condition (because it is still in the box, I think it was lightly used, if
at all). I see no fogging on the lens or view finders, but I may not know
what to look for.

Of course I would love to receive offers (I assume that's permissible), but
I am anticipating that I'll list it on eBay.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate any information you can share in helping
me identify what the lens is, when it was made, and even an approximate
value.

Regards,

Jane

Jane Ranshaw