Subject: [Leica] spider
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Oct 28 19:37:50 2004

Sonny showed....
>  http://www.sonc.com/spider_web.htm<<<,,

Hi Sonny,
Interesting to say the least as it's not often you can get back and front as
the insect usually ends up in some corner and you can't get at it in this
manner.

I'm assuming it's a garden spider and hanging between garden stuff and makes
it a little easier to get both sides. This time of the year we see them
around here quite often with heavy dew covering droplets. When I do see one
I get out with the 100 macro on an R camera and try to get the web and
droplets back lit to make them really sparkle. And go against a dark
background if possible. As it makes the dew drops look more magical.

And on occasion I add a macro adapter to the macro lens and then I get close
enough to see an image inside the dew droplet as a lens.
Sometime makes for very unusual effects as the image inside the dew drop is
always up side down. As in a lens fashion

ted