Subject: [Leica] Japan PAW - Tokyo street life,a small plane in a small room, etc.
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Thu Oct 28 08:14:51 2004

>  > PAW21:  Alley near Shinjuku Station. Again with the M3/ Summaron
>>  combination, at night, handheld.
>
>I like this one...great "mood!"

Thanks! I was worried that I'd either lose the cook to a burned out
highlight or the shadow detail.

One of the nice things about the older lenses is they have a longer
luminance response, they catch more things in the shadows and
highlights, although that means they are low in overall contrast. The
Summaron I took this with dates from about 1959 -- it's 44 years old!

For equipment fondlers (like me), I have photos of the Summaron
mounted on my M3  here:
        http://photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/Lens-LSM-Wide.html

Karen

--