Subject: [Leica] Is ASA 200 the new 100 ?
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Wed Oct 27 21:29:05 2004

Hi All,

On Oct 27, 2004, at 10:20 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> That is my experience as well--with the Canon 10D ISO 800 is excellent
> and 1600 highly usable; with the new 20D, those are moved up a notch,
> so 1600 is very good and 3200 highly usable, as I found last night in
> a rather dim bar. But in daylight I still shoot at ISO 100, sometimes
> 400 if it is very cloudy.

Let me second this observation. The 20D is at least a full stop better
in terms of usefulness over the 10D, and the increase in the number of
pixels is just an added bonus. It also does very impressive black and
white (yes, BD, on an HP 7060!). Its start-up is also pretty much
instant, versus about 2 1/2 seconds for the 10D.

Quite a camera, well worth the trade-up from my "old" 10D, IMO.

And, to my eyes, at the print sizes I use (up to 20 x 30 inches), far
superior to any 35mm film. Flame away...

The digital M needs to show up.

Will von Dauster

Replies: Reply from vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster) ([Leica] Is ASA 200 the new 100 ?)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Is ASA 200 the new 100 ?)