Subject: [Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sat Oct 23 18:33:47 2004

>This is a very interesting series for me being a food professional.
>Especially the idea of fresh tuna is very interesting because here
>in Europe even 'fresh' tuna is at least two weeks old and of course
>was frozen.
>The market reminds me very much of 'Rungis' in Paris. Exactly the
>same kind of place except that they not only sell tuna but anything
>food related, from fish to meat and vegetables and so on and off
>course all at night.
>The Japanese three layer forged knives are very nice. Actually they
>do the same thing in Norway. Three layers of iron, very sharp and
>hardly no rust. And when I say sharp i really mean sharp.
>From a photographic point of view I also like the pictures very
>much. Actually your whole site is very interested and also gives a
>lot of useful info on classic camera's.

Michiel -

Thanks for the kind words!  Tsukiji sells much more than tuna. I'm
meaning to wake up early enough again to visit with film cameras in
order to capture more of the place.

Northern Japan was  hit with a series of three  major earthquakes
yesterday with a magnitude of about 4.3-4.4 each. In shades of the
Kansai Earthquake, roads were upheaved, buildings fell, trains
derailed, and so forth. Power is lost to at least 250,000 people.
Thankfully casulaties were low, about 10 people. But it's still 10
people too many. Many many people are homeless.

Tokyo is pretty far away but we still felt the earthquakes.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man) ([Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos)