Subject: [Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Oct 21 07:47:06 2004

Karen Nakamura offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos

> Thank you Ted for the kind words, it means a significant amount to me
> coming from you.  Yes, the fish market is wonderful. If only it didn't
> mean waking up at 4:30am to catch the 5:00 train, I'd go there more often!
> :-)<<<

Karen,
Yeah it's those early morning, read almost "middle of the night" times that
are a deterrent to shooting some projects. :-( So that's why I said I'd like
to spend a few weeks or longer working on it everyday because after about
ten days of every day getting up at 4-4.30 you get into the routine and it's
not so bad. ;-) Yeah right! :-) 4.30 is still 4.30 am. :-(   ;-)

I agree where the colour of blood and meat are important and maintain
powerful photographs, not just colour for the sake of colour, it should be
in colour as an attachment to the B&W.

I wondered if you've had a run at the market seriously in B&W? As I feel the
photographs would become more powerful with the people because in some cases
the overall colour effect takes away from the strength within the content.

A thought.
ted

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos)
Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Tsukiji Fish Market Photos)