Subject: [Leica] My 'new' Summarex
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Wed Oct 20 06:15:23 2004

Hi all.

As some of you may recall, I recently acquired an 85/1.5 Summarex in
what looked like fine condition, but it didn't seem to be coupling
properly to any of my bodies.

So on a recent visit to the UK, I diverted via the lovely county of
Herefordshire to drop it in personally to Malcolm Taylor, the
well-known Leica wizard. He pronounced it a good example, but said
that the glass needed a good clean-up as well as the cam needing
adjustment.

BTW, he had no less than four other examples of this lens in for
overhaul, including a rare early black one.

On the way back to Ireland, I diverted again to pick the lens up, and
now have an example with sparkling elements and a cam which now
couples perfectly both with LTM and M bodies. Great service from a
great guy, and very reasonably priced too. I've now left a 50/1.5
Summarit with him for the same treatment.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing what this huge chunk of glass can do......

Also BTW, I will at long last be posting details of my Cork dealer's
Leica collection this coming Friday. There's a lot of interesting
stuff, both LTM and M, so if you're in acquisitive mood, watch out
for the post.

Best

Alex

--
Alex Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 214 543 328 (H)
        +353 214 270 907 (W)

Fax: +353 214 271 248
email: corkflor@iol.ie
Also: corkflor.2@virgin.net (when in the UK, which isn't often)
Home website: http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/
Business website: http://www.corkflorists.com/

Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) public key available at:
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371
ID: 0x5BB72019