Subject: [Leica] Re: Future R Plan
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Oct 18 15:28:27 2004

On 10/18/04 11:16 AM, "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@skynet.be> typed:

> Luis wrote, in part :
>

>> Maybe in the future will arrive to Leica the same as for great automotive
>> brand names, as Jaguar, the brand name continues, but it is no more a
>> Jaguar, is a Ford.
>
> The future is today - Zeiss Ikon is Cosina
>
> Bernard
> bernard.degaute@skynet.be

The Zeiss Ikon is Cosina equation is different from the
Voigtl?nder is Cosina equation.

Because although Voigtl?nder is a distinct memory reduced to a name up for
auction Zeiss is still around to more than haunt us. And making themselves
two of those lenses. And putting a close eye on the making of the rest from
their "formulas" over at Cosina.
Although as I understand it just about any lens you're going to see from
anywhere is from one of their formulas.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon