Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital crop factor
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Oct 15 23:01:54 2004

I agree Emanuel,
OTOH we will see how long digital cameras last. My first ever digital
which I bought quite a while ago is still going strong in my daughter's
hands. In my business electronics has shown to be much more reliable
than the mechanical systems it replaced, and much cheaper and
adjustable.
My M6 is a very early one and still works fine but so is my EOS 620
(another daughter still getting results). Within the film camera world
there were plenty of makers "upgrading" models more frequently than
Leica.
Digital -needed- rapid replacements in the early days because the
technology was so undeveloped. Not so now, I am content with the prints
I am getting and feel no need of frequent upgrades.
I was one who always thought Leicas were not that expensive when
depreciation was taken into account. If there is anything I don't like
about the arrival of digital it is the step drop in the trade in value
of my hitherto non-depreciating Leica kit :-)
Frank

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] Re: Digital crop factor)