Subject: [Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Fri Oct 15 09:22:59 2004

>>>At this
>>>juncture in time, 48% of all working Americans pay ZERO income tax!
>>
>There's nothing ficticious about the number I gave. The following
>site, using data from the Congressional Budget Office was last
>updated in 2000 and you don't have to go very deep into it to find a
>graph showing that taxes begin at the mid-40% area and those below
>that point collect money in EIC's that they didn't pay.
>http://www.allegromedia.com/sugi/taxes/

But if you look at the figures, the bottom 20% only make an average
of $8400, the 2nd 20% around $21,200, and the third 20% is at
$35,400.  The top 20% average income is $132,000. This is *FAMILY
INCOME* not individual.

This disparity is shocking. You have 40% of American families earning
less than or around $35,400. I don't know if you've tried to raise a
family on this little money, especially on the coasts.  And here we
are talking about $5000 cameras.

If you think we should be taxing the bottom 40% to give to the top 20%.....

Remember this is only income tax. There are other taxes and most of
them are regressive.  Sales taxes hit poorer families to give to
richer.  Mortgage deductions with no penalty contribute to the
largest  public housing giveaway in our nation (we would literally
have no homeless problem if we capped mortgage deductions at
$300,000). Etc. etc.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura