Subject: [Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica AND crop factor
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Thu Oct 14 19:20:43 2004

> Emanuel Lowi writes in part:

> > 1) They saw a relatively quickly viable way to adapt
> > an existing product (the R8/R9) to the new technology,
> > rather than design a whole new camera.

Actually I'm glad that Leica went ahead and designed the R-Module first.
That way they have a chance to learn from their mistakes and gain some
experience, before they tackle the digital M. Can you imagine the reaction
if they screwup the digital M? People with pitchforks and torches will be
breaking down the gate, like the villagers in the old Frankenstein movie.

Let them cut their teeth on the R and get it right with the M.

Feli

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica AND crop factor)