Subject: [Leica] summarit
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Thu Oct 14 19:09:08 2004

Steve Barbour writes:

> I am thinking about getting a leica 50mm summarit with imperfect coating,
> but no
> fog, good condition, to nurture/aquire a certain soft and old look...
>
> I am about to try one out...anyone with
> experience or comments  ?
>
> Is this a bad idea? or have you had good results?

Hi Steve,

I have one that I purchased from another Lugger a couple of years back. Not
the greatest lens wide open, but combine it with colour film and aperture of
f2 and beyond and it gives you look of the creamy/dreamy old Leica glass.
Really unique look!

One thing though; you must use the lens hood with this lens in bright
outdoor light.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] summarit)