Subject: [Leica] Made up pixels
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Oct 14 11:31:58 2004

Several of our members have noted that to fulfill the desires of the
commercial world, that up sampling is an acceptable methodology.  I do not
doubt it, and if it were my paycheck on the line, I would be up sampling
too.

But the point of my message is to the new digital user out there.  The one
that is NOT a professional, nor is he/she/it selling photographs for a
living.  You spend $2500 for the world's best 50mm lens then you put it on a
digital camera with (read any or all of these as you please) interpolation,
up sampling, fake pixels, jpg, compression, etc.  What do you have?  The
worlds' most expensive 50mm lens that some bit-slinging, pixel-moving,
mathematically inclined programmer messed with. You contaminate your images
with what is basically garbage.

I don't get it.....    If you want the best glass in the world, use the best
method to record that image through that best in the world glass.

Use film.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net