Subject: [Leica] Re: FBI disrupts
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 18:52:24 2004

I've always said that in a truely free society there can be no such thing as
an underground press because all press is, by definition, legal and allowed.

actually, as a certified member of the official media, i can tell you that a
press pass/media credential will, with $1.25 in US currency, get you an
absolutely free ride on any bus in Utah.

Or just the money will.

In a supposedly free society you are correct, we are all the "media" and
should all be treated accordingly. That credentialed media are given better
treatment is only an accomodation to avoid having to let everyone in -- a
sort of
early "pool" system. We let your reporters in so we don't have to let
everyone
in, clear?

For the FBI to be raiding any media organization is a very dangerous thing
and the so-called mainline media should be madder than we hornets about it,
because the next step is only up the line. That the mainline media is NOT
upset
about it only shows how much those media clearly sees themselves as an
integral
part of government, no longer part of the public they supposedly represent.

which is how people like W can get away with the sort of shit they do. Like
killing babies in Iraq and calling them "terrorists." Nits turn into flies,
as
Genl. Custer was fond of saying.

Leica content: I took my M2 and new winder to work today and took pictures
of
people reading.

thanks,

charles trentelman