Subject: [Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough
From: alan_weinschel at yahoo.com (Alan Weinschel)
Date: Tue Oct 12 02:55:34 2004

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:53:13 -0230
From: "Greg Locke" <locke@straylight.ca>

OK...I know this has nothing to do with leicas and Brian will probably
yank
it being a political statement but...

The USA is going to Hell in hand basket and any sensible person will
never
set foot in it again until such time it decides to join the world of
civility again.... What little of it there is left, anyway.

"Reality of the times" my ass. Its just excuse for ignorance, thuggery
and
brutality by the state.
--- lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:
My first reaction was to agree with Greg.   Then I read of the women
who smuggled explosives aboard the Russian airliners, resulting in the
death of many people, and I was not so sure.  Why is there not more
revulsion at killing innocent people than there is at at airport search
that causes no physical injury?  If such searches stop and a woman
explodes an airliner -- maybe in Canada -- to "make a point", wouldn't
we be up in arms about how incompetent TSA was and how stupid to ignore
women as carriers of explosives after the Russian experience?  These
are not easy questions,  but as someone who flies a lot (and whose
family members fly a lot too), I do not object to the security measures
being taken.