Subject: [Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Oct 12 02:34:30 2004

On 10/11/04 7:23 PM, "Greg Locke" <locke@straylight.ca> typed:

> OK...I know this has nothing to do with leicas and Brian will probably yank
> it being a political statement but...
>
> The USA is going to Hell in hand basket and any sensible person will never
> set foot in it again until such time it decides to join the world of
> civility again.... What little of it there is left, anyway.
>
> "Reality of the times" my ass. Its just excuse for ignorance, thuggery and
> brutality by the state.
>
> My apologies to those who find my revulsion and disgust unwarranted.

Also because when we do get hit next big it's not going to promote sympathy
for the powers that be who ever they may be like it did the last time. Its
going to make people pissed off at them. For not protecting them.
So who ever's in there is going to have to make it look good. Democrat or
Republican.
They're going to have to make sure that it looks like steps are being made
to protect US citizens.
They do it to protect their political party which I by the way did not vote
in this time round but they also as a side line do it to protect the
country.
It is their watch. And they know it.
And they have to make it at least look like they are not going to get caught
with their pants down.
I don't get mad at Bush or the powers that be at the airports.
I get mad at Muslim extremist terrorists.
THOSE are the bad guys
not the people in the white house idiots they may be they are making an
effort.

If I thought the USA and the people in the white house were the bad guys I
would go to some nice friendly place like Saudi Arabia. Although with my
last name that might be tricky.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon