Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 28, Issue 150
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 8 17:00:43 2004

In a message dated 10/8/04 8:18:01 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> Daniel Ridings wrote:
> > The Leica CL with a 40mm Summicron. Sounds like it's right on the mark.
>
> Anybody knows if the CL with 40mm Summicron
> noticeably smaller (more pocketable) than a IIIg with
> a 50mm Summicron (current or collapsible) ?
>
> - Phong
>
> CL is less long, but slightly taller, than the IIIg. The CL also has a
through the lens meter which is a gem to use.

neither will fit in a small pocket, but I've carried my CL in a fanny pack
before. Also, to be compact you must collapse the lens on the IIIg, whcih
takes
time to unfold. Elliott Erwitt, on the other hand, loves collapsable lens
leicas for sneaking into museums.

A major consideration s hould be that a IIIg will cost double what a good CL
will, both with lens. It is more a collectible than a user at this pt in
time.

c trentelman

Replies: Reply from feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio) ([Leica] Erwitt)