Subject: [Leica] Was: photo bag on the plane. Now: Leica history
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Fri Oct 8 04:08:16 2004

> Doesn't matter whether you have film in your cameras.  Click off a
shot
> if they ask you to operate the camera.  The M6 and FE2 are robust
> machines.  Don't worry too much about them.

Thanks, Jim...

...and, thanks to all the rest for all the good discussion and helpful

My M6 is especially valuable to me: It's my first Leica (I now have an
M3 and a iiif, which I love), and I purchased it, in a face to face
meeting, from someone who is one of the best-known Leica photographers
in the country, though I didn't know that at the time.

It has a "Leica History,"if there is such a thing, and entrusting it to
the gentle hands of the airport folk would be like giving my grandson
one of HCB's cameras to play with.

So, I guess the new thread is:  "Do Leicas carry with them their
ancestry?  Who owned it first?  Where was it used?"

Thanks, again, to all.

Ken Frazier